From: "Marin David Condic" <dont.bother.mcondic.auntie.spam@[acm.org>
Subject: Re: C programmers and safety critical systems programming
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 14:19:12 -0400
Date: 2002-06-11T18:19:14+00:00	[thread overview]

The comment he published from the "Ada Professional" was indeed rather
rudely stated. One would hope that any future comments sent to Mr. Barr
would be put on a more positive note and would be a little more respectful.
It sounds as if Mr. Barr is not at all unsympathetic towards Ada and might
persuade others to look at it more seriously. (Not likely if we treat him
badly! :-)

I didn't notice anywhere on the page a means of responding to his editorial.
It might be beneficial to draw his attention to some of the studies done
indicating that Ada does result in fewer errors and faster development. He
might write more about it.

MDC
--
Marin David Condic