* Re: Java knocks the heck outa ...
       [not found] ` <Do41GC.3tE.0.-s@inmet.camb.inmet.com>
@ 1996-03-15  0:00   ` Dan Sivertson
       [not found]   ` <314578E1.7206@lfwc.lockheed.com>
From: Dan Sivertson @ 1996-03-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ken Garlington wrote:
> Actually, I wrote a letter to the editor of SD noting that you could get the advantages
> of Java (and more) with AdaMagic.They wouldn't publish it.

Why should they?   Java is already better established than Ada-95 ever will be.

Java is the standard, not Ada-95.

Dan Sivertson

* Re: Java knocks the heck outa ...
       [not found]       ` <3148281B.78C6@lfwc.lockheed.com>
@ 1996-03-15  0:00         ` Scott Leschke
From: Scott Leschke @ 1996-03-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Did they say why?  I'm assuming it's because "AppletMagic" (I happened to
like Espresso but I see Symantec took that), isn't generally available yet.
Not defending them of course, just curious.

--
Scott Leschke.........................email: leschkes@cig.mot.com
Motorola, Inc............................ph: 847-632-2786

* Re: Java knocks the heck outa ...
       [not found]   ` <314578E1.7206@lfwc.lockheed.com>
       [not found]     ` <TARJEIJ.96Mar13115246@ulrik.uio.no>
@ 1996-03-20  0:00     ` AdaWorks
From: AdaWorks @ 1996-03-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ken Garlington (GarlingtonKE@lfwc.lockheed.com) wrote:
: stt@houdini.camb.inmet.com (Tucker Taft) wrote:

: BTW: Bruce Eckel has a long article on Java in the April 1996 Software
: Development magazine. Part of the article compares Java and C++, and
: makes the interesting statement:

  [ snip, snip, snip]

: I wonder if this magazine will ever publish an article about the
: AdaMagic-Java connection...

  I can almost guarantee they will -- if someone writes it in a style
  suitable for publication.  Larry O'Brien, Editor of Software Development
  Magazine, has always been quite fair in his treatment of Ada. However,
  he does require that anything he publishes is well-written and has a
  theme that will appeal to his readers.

  He is not in the language advocacy business.  But if you write something
  that will appeal to his readers, you will very likely find him receptive.

  Richard Riehle
  adaworks@netcom.com
--

richard@adaworks.com