From: Niklas Holsti <niklas.holsti@tidorum.invalid>
Subject: Re: Odd subtyping error.
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 21:12:16 +0300
Date: 2012-10-05T21:12:16+03:00	[thread overview]

On 12-10-05 19:05 , Shark8 wrote:
> I'm making a new OpenGL binding taking advantage of Ada 2012 and have come across several interesting errors, including a compiler-bug... but this one is by far the oddest:
>
>     Type Pixel_Storage is (
> 	UNPACK_SWAP_BYTES,	UNPACK_LSB_FIRST,	UNPACK_ROW_LENGTH,
> 	UNPACK_SKIP_ROWS,	UNPACK_SKIP_PIXELS,	UNPACK_ALIGNMENT,
> 	PACK_SWAP_BYTES,	PACK_LSB_FIRST,		PACK_ROW_LENGTH,
> 	PACK_SKIP_ROWS,		PACK_SKIP_PIXELS,	PACK_ALIGNMENT,
> 	PACK_SKIP_IMAGES,	PACK_IMAGE_HEIGHT,	UNPACK_SKIP_IMAGES,
> 	UNPACK_IMAGE_HEIGHT
> 			  ) with Size => Enum'Size;
>
>     SubType Pixel_Packing is Pixel_Storage Range PACK_SWAP_BYTES..PACK_IMAGE_HEIGHT;
>
> Unless I'm just completely misunderstanding the above should be perfectly fine, yet it generates a few errors:
> 	warning: no more representation items for type "Pixel_Storage" defined at line 625
> 	representation item appears too late [private section representation-clause]

It would be easier to answer you if you showed a complete, minimal
example (i.e. an .ads file) where you have removed the irrelevant parts.

The second error/warning line suggests to me that you have declared
Pixel_Storage first as a "private" type, and that the full type
declaration, including the "with Size" clause, appears only in the
"private" part of the package declaration. Is that the case?

--
Niklas Holsti
Tidorum Ltd