From: Petter Fryklund <petter.fryklund@atero.se>
Subject: Re: gnatbind get stack overflow, how do I investigate the cause?
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 22:10:59 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2017-03-30T22:10:59-07:00	[thread overview]

Den torsdag 30 mars 2017 kl. 18:22:09 UTC+2 skrev Per Sandberg:
> Hi
>
> I did the same journey a on our system many years ago, and it was
> "interesting" since we found a whole bunch of serious bugs just by
> follow up on warnings and later enable all validity checks.
>
> You might increase the stacksize with:
>    -dnn[k|m] Default primary stack size = nn [kilo|mega] bytes
>    -Dnn[k|m] Default secondary stack size = nn [kilo|mega] bytes
> from "gnatbind -h"
>
> And expect a bunch of elaboration circles that needs to be broken out by
> factoring out generics and separates into child packages.
>
> And as Anh mentions ask AdaCore, since they usually gives good answers.
>
> /Per
>

> Den 2017-03-30 kl. 15:00, skrev Petter Fryklund:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > after a couple of years with C# I'm back! I am currently porting a large project from Ada-95 in ObjectAda to GNAT 17, first on Linux and later on W7. I've managed to compile the all files, but gnatbind hits a stack overflow. How do I get more information about the cause?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Petter

Hi again,
Isn't -d for the produced output? it is the gnatbind itself that suffers from Storage_Error hinting at stack overflow.

The output from gnatbind is:
[gprbind]     <main>.bexch
[Ada]         <main>.ali

raised STORAGE_ERROR : stack overflow or erroneous memory access
gprbind: invocation of gnatbind failed
gprbuild: unable to bind <main>.adb

Anh Vo: yes we have support, I or the person responsible for tools will create a ticket ASAP. In the meanwhile I'd like to gather information.

Regards,
Petter