* Ada Excercises
@ 2002-05-29 12:34 David Rasmussen
From: David Rasmussen @ 2002-05-29 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have been reading several tutorial documents on Ada, just to get a
feel for it. Now I would like to get my fingers in some code to apply
what I have read. Is there a tutorial with excercises somewhere, or just
plain excercises?

/David

* Re: Ada Excercises
@ 2002-05-29 12:58 ` Marin David Condic
From: Marin David Condic @ 2002-05-29 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Look at: http://www.adapower.com/ under "Learn Ada". There are lots of
resources at this website that could be helpful to you...

MDC
--
Marin David Condic
Senior Software Engineer

"David Rasmussen" <pinkfloydhomer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have been reading several tutorial documents on Ada, just to get a
> feel for it. Now I would like to get my fingers in some code to apply
> what I have read. Is there a tutorial with excercises somewhere, or just
> plain excercises?
>
> /David

* Re: Ada Excercises
@ 2002-05-29 13:30 ` Michal Nowak
From: Michal Nowak @ 2002-05-29 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2002-05-29 at 14:34 David Rasmussen wrote:

>I have been reading several tutorial documents on Ada, just to get a
>feel for it. Now I would like to get my fingers in some code to apply
>what I have read. Is there a tutorial with excercises somewhere, or just
>plain excercises?

Have you looked at links at:
http://www.adapower.com/learn/

There are some possibilities to there.
If have have access to library with some Ada books, look at them.
Some of them (i.e. Norman Cohen's "Ada as a second language") have
exercises at the end of each chapter, so this can be also of use.

Hope that helps a bit,
Mike

"In the world of machines, virtual machines,
dominated by software ...
                  ... a new culture is born"

* Re: Ada Excercises
@ 2002-05-29 15:45 ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2002-05-29 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 29 May 2002 14:34:26 +0200, David Rasmussen wrote:
> I have been reading several tutorial documents on Ada, just to get a
> feel for it. Now I would like to get my fingers in some code to apply
> what I have read. Is there a tutorial with excercises somewhere, or just
> plain excercises?

Exercise:

Read and extend the program you find here:

   http://adahome.com/Tutorials/Lovelace/small.htm

Task:

   Try implement a "eat X" and "drink X" function that only works on the
   correct objects.

If you don't want to do that then either do the exercises in:

   http://www.it.bton.ac.uk/staff/je/adacraft/

for each chapter.

or

Make some small programs. you learn a lot that way. Especially about
designing. Hint make the .ads files first and use gnatstub to generate
the .adb files.

If you start a small program, then I recommend you make one that is
simple. I mean don't start with a GUI program etc... Of course this
depends on your experience as a programmer which I have no knowlegde
of.

Hope it helps.

Preben