From: "Marin David Condic" <dont.bother.mcondic.auntie.spam@[acm.org>
Subject: Re: ARG asks Ada Community for API Proposals.
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 10:23:37 -0400
Date: 2002-05-28T14:23:38+00:00	[thread overview]

Are you suggesting that the ARG in some way maintain an effort to define
what constitutes the "Standard Ada Libraries" - beyond what appears in the
annexes? I'd think that would be a fine idea provided that a) they were
willing to take on that responsibility and b) came up with a process that
allowed for rapid turnaround on getting new features in. If the ARG can't
take on that work or can't update faster than a ten year revision cycle,
then they'd be the wrong organization to do the job. At one time there was a
branch of SIGAda that was willing to try, but couldn't come up with a
standard component collection. If the ARG doesn't want to handle it, maybe
SIGAda should take another crack at it.

MDC
--
Marin David Condic