From: George Shapovalov <gshapovalov@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Yet another gnat bug
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 11:16:51 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2019-02-05T11:16:51-08:00	[thread overview]

On Monday, February 4, 2019 at 5:11:51 PM UTC+1, Simon Wright wrote:
> > I chatted with them briefly 2 days ago on Fosdem and they told me that
> > they prefer an email report and that tracker is not really functional
> > for a community version at least.
>
> Do you mean the GCC Bugzilla? I can quite understand why reports against
> just GNAT CE wouldn't really be appropriate there.
No, I meant the tracker mentioned on the bug message:
>GAP members can alternatively use GNAT Tracker:                          |
>| http://www.adacore.com/ section 'send a report'.

From his reaction I took it that that tracker is not that active. Althopugh it would not be so usefull for many people anyway, if it has usage limitations..

> AdaCore do respond to reports on FSF GCC there, especially if the report
> is about the GCC build system or about bad code generation.
Oh, they do? Thanks for the info!
That's not something I directly thought about, as the problem is with the upstream (of FSF), so it makes sense to take it directly to upstream (the most common reaction of many projects and distibutions is to first try to figure out if its them or upstream, and if its upstream, then its universally - "report it to upstream". Which is totally logical, in avoiding messy duplication of effort. In fact it is often not something they would even have control over).
So, I just took it directly to upstream, strictly following the procedure described in the bug message :).

> Personally I like to report on Bugzilla where appropriate, because
> reports to report@adacore.com aren't publicly visible. I don't know how
> annoying it'd be to report in both places.
Yes, that's indeed a concern. This is why I created that github project, as I had a few bugs lying around already. I'll populate it with more when I get around to it.
But to the credit of AdaCore, they react quickly - I already got a confirmation that they got it and will look into it..