* DTED - Format / IO in Ada?
@ 2002-05-17 16:01 Joachim Schröer
From: Joachim Schröer @ 2002-05-17 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

can anyone give me a pointer to a DTED (digital terrain elevation data),
implementation (all levels 0 .. 5 if possible) in Ada? I'm looking for
the data types representing the CD-contents and if possible a read -
procedure.
A pure C-implementation is also ok, I could use C2Ada to save hacking in
the data types.

Thanks
	J. Schr�er

* Re: DTED - Format / IO in Ada?
@ 2002-05-17 20:29 ` Jonathan DeSena
From: Jonathan DeSena @ 2002-05-17 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 17 May 2002 12:01:34 -0400, Joachim Schr�er wrote:

> Hello,
>
> can anyone give me a pointer to a DTED (digital terrain elevation data),
> implementation (all levels 0 .. 5 if possible) in Ada? I'm looking for
> the data types representing the CD-contents and if possible a read -
> procedure.
> A pure C-implementation is also ok, I could use C2Ada to save hacking in
> the data types.
>
> Thanks
> 	J. Schr�er
As for the format, do a google search for MIL-PRF-89020B. This is the
official DTED reference, I believe. There may be other references.
I have not found any freely available code yet.

Jon

* Re: DTED - Format / IO in Ada?
@ 2002-05-17 21:09 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2002-05-17 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Joachim Schr�er <joachim.schroeer@dornier.eads.net> wrote in message news:<3CE5295E.8020702@dornier.eads.net>...
> can anyone give me a pointer to a DTED (digital terrain elevation data),
> implementation (all levels 0 .. 5 if possible) in Ada? I'm looking for
> the data types representing the CD-contents and if possible a read -
> procedure.
> A pure C-implementation is also ok, I could use C2Ada to save hacking in
> the data types.

Hmmm. I used one once on an old military project. It should be
obtainable by someone working on a US DoD contract, with a bit of
footwork. I'm guessing that won't help you though.

--
T.E.D.
Home     -  mailto:dennison@telepath.com (Yahoo: Ted_Dennison)

* Re: DTED - Format / IO in Ada?
@ 2002-05-18 10:05   ` Joachim Schr�er
From: Joachim Schr�er @ 2002-05-18 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ok, thanks for the hint, I had MIL-PRF-89020A, B is a little bit more
precise.
I think I have to more or less hand-translate the C++ implementation we have
at work.

Best regards
    J. Schr�er

"Jonathan DeSena" <jonathan.desena@nospam.jhuapl.edu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> On Fri, 17 May 2002 12:01:34 -0400, Joachim Schr�er wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > can anyone give me a pointer to a DTED (digital terrain elevation data),
> > implementation (all levels 0 .. 5 if possible) in Ada? I'm looking for
> > the data types representing the CD-contents and if possible a read -
> > procedure.
> > A pure C-implementation is also ok, I could use C2Ada to save hacking in
> > the data types.
> >
> > Thanks
> > J. Schr�er
> As for the format, do a google search for MIL-PRF-89020B. This is the
> official DTED reference, I believe. There may be other references.
> I have not found any freely available code yet.
>
> Jon

* Re: DTED - Format / IO in Ada?
@ 2002-05-18 14:22 ` Jeffrey Creem
From: Jeffrey Creem @ 2002-05-18 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

my standard answer on all of thiese (if you are running on windows) is find
a COM/ActiveX binding
and use GNATCOM to build an autobinding.

This of course only works for Windows  and probably GNAT.

A quick look at http://www.vterrain.org/Packages/ (found via google)
shows a few packages with COM and DTED support.

"Joachim Schr�er" <joachim.schroeer@dornier.eads.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> can anyone give me a pointer to a DTED (digital terrain elevation data),
> implementation (all levels 0 .. 5 if possible) in Ada? I'm looking for
> the data types representing the CD-contents and if possible a read -
> procedure.
> A pure C-implementation is also ok, I could use C2Ada to save hacking in
> the data types.
>
> Thanks
> J. Schr�er

* Re: DTED - Format / IO in Ada?