From: "Marin David Condic" <dont.bother.mcondic.auntie.spam@[acm.org>
Subject: Re: Function pointer in Ada?
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 09:12:36 -0400
Date: 2002-05-14T13:12:37+00:00	[thread overview]

Yes Ada (at least Ada95) can create pointers to functions. (General advice:
Think long and hard about why you want to use access to functions and ask
yourself if there is a more Ada-ish way to do the same thing - like using
tagged types with dispatching) Look at ARM 3.10 for the syntax, etc. An
example can be found in ARM 3.10(26) which for your convenience is:

26 type Message_Procedure is access procedure (M : in String := "Error!");
procedure Default_Message_Procedure(M : in String);
Give_Message : Message_Procedure := Default_Message_Procedure'Access;
procedure Other_Procedure(M : in String);
Give_Message := Other_Procedure'Access;
Give_Message("File not found."); -- call with parameter (.all is optional)
Give_Message.all; -- call with no parameters

MDC
--
Marin David Condic
Senior Software Engineer