From: John Stoneham <captnjameskirk@moc.oohay>
Subject: Re: GtkAda 2.0.0 for win32
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 09:39:54 -0500
Date: 2002-04-30T09:39:54-05:00	[thread overview]

John Stoneham wrote:
> Doesn't look like there is one yet. You need to "roll your own", which I
> haven't tried (yet), but all the stuff is there to do it. Get GTK+ for
> Win32 at http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/downloads.html (it's at the
> bottom of the page, and you will need the developer package as well, and
> possibly some other dependent packages which are on the same page.) With
> those in hand and properly installed, you should be able to build GtkAda
> 2.0.0 from source.

Guess I spoke too soon. The source doesn't seem set up to compile under
Windows yet. It may be possible with a Cygwin environment loaded with
lots of extra tools like perl (needed for the "configure" script), which
I don't have. The Win32 diffs even seem to be for the old version of
GtkAda, not this one.

I'm not going to spend much more time trying to get it to work,
especially since Glade doesn't support Gtk+ 2.0 yet.

If someone can get it to compile without Cygwin, please post a follow-up.

--
John Stoneham
(to email, reverse the entire domain)