From: "James Baker" <James.Baker7@btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: Ada a fourth generation language?
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 19:58:07 +0000 (UTC)
Date: 2002-04-28T19:58:07+00:00	[thread overview]

Nope it's a bog standard third gen language. Like basic and C.

Which means no fancy schmancy object orientated malarky. Good old fashioned
coding. for example.

with TEXT_IO,BASIC_NUM_IO;
use  TEXT_IO,BASIC_NUM_IO;

procedure TRI2 is

-- variables

   NUMBER,NUMBER1,NUMBER2:integer;
   CHAR,CHAR1,CHAR2:character;
   SIZE:positive_count;

   procedure DATA_INPUT is

      begin
         put("Type in the size 1: ");
         get(NUMBER1);
         new_line;
         put("Type in the character 1: ");
         get(CHAR1);
         new_line;
         put("Type in the size 2: ");
         get(NUMBER2);
         new_line;
         put("Type in the character 2: ");
         get(CHAR2);

      end;

etc etc etc.

So if you want 4th gen go to college in russia :P