From: ashwath30jul77@gmail.com
Subject: Procedure defined in package body accessed by separate procedure
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 04:15:11 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2014-02-13T04:15:11-08:00	[thread overview]

Hello,
I am getting an error when a procedure(say Pr1) defined in a separate file invokes a procedure defined in the package(say Pk1) body(say Pr2). The compiler gives error saying that Pr2 is not declared in Pk1.

Please let me know what is the mistake I am doing.

Snapshots of source code is shown for better clarity.

Greetings.ads:
=============================
package Greetings is

   procedure Hello;
   procedure Goodbye;

end Greetings;

Greetings.adb:
==============================
with text_io;
use Text_IO;

package body Greetings is

   procedure Hello is separate;
   procedure Goodbye is separate;
   procedure proc_body is
   begin
      put_line("body");
   end;
end Greetings;

Greetings-Hello.ada:
================================
with text_io;
use Text_IO;
separate (Greetings)

procedure Hello is
begin
   put_line("Hello");
   Greetings.proc_body;--Compiler error here. Says proc_body is not declared in Greetings
end;

I am using GNAT pro to compile this.

Thanks in Advance
Ashwath