From: Jerry <lanceboyle@qwest.net>
Subject: Re: gprbuild worked for GNAT GPL 2010, fails for 2011 edition
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 18:19:25 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2012-05-09T18:19:25-07:00	[thread overview]

On May 9, 12:36 am, Simon Wright <si...@pushface.org> wrote:
> Glad to be of help (not that I'm quite sure _how_! it all seems very
> mysterious ...)

You clued me in that the .ali's and .dylib need to be in the same
library.

But here is another question, to which I can't find the answer in any
docs:

In the PLplot build directory, there is a directory that contains all
the .ali and .o files for the Ada bindings. (I know, they should be in
the installation directory, but I don't think that affects my
question. The current installation directory has a directory that
contains only .alis but no .o's. I can fix this later.)

So, knowing that all the .ali's and .o's are here:

/usr/local/plplot_build_dir/bindings/ada/CMakeFiles/plplotadad.dir

how do I make a .gpr file to describe this? What strings do I use for
Library_Dir and Library_Name? I suppose it will look something like
this:

library project PLplot_Library_2 is
	for Externally_Built use "true";
	for Source_Dirs use ("/usr/local/plplot/share/ada/adainclude/
plplotadad");
    for Library_Dir use "/usr/local/plplot_build_dir/bindings/ada/
CMakeFiles/";
    for Library_Name use "plplotadad.dir";
end PLplot_Library_2;

Jerry