* problem with gnat pp in gnat2013
@ 2013-06-06 13:21 Leo Brewin
From: Leo Brewin @ 2013-06-06 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Folks,

I've just recently upgraded to gnat2013 and everything worked like a charm
until I tried to use the pretty printer. On this trivial file

> with Text_IO; use Text_IO;
> procedure foo is
> begin
>   Put_line("Greetings earthling");
> end foo;

the command

   gnat pp foo

produced

   gnatpp: installation problem - check gnatpp and GNAT versions
   gnatpp: Exception name: PROGRAM_ERROR
   Message: Inconsistent versions of GNAT and ASIS

I downloaded, complied and installed ASIS (from Adacore) and then I checked
the versions of gnat and ASIS

   gnatls -v
   gnat pp --version

Both reported

GNATPP GPL 2013 (20130314)

I'm on MacOSX 10.8.3.

Is anybody else experiencing this problem? Any suggestions? (I'd rather not
downgrade to gnat2012).

Cheers,
Leo

* Re: problem with gnat pp in gnat2013
@ 2013-06-06 13:41 ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2013-06-06 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Leo Brewin <leo.brewin@internode.on.net> writes:

> GNATPP GPL 2013 (20130314)
>
> I'm on MacOSX 10.8.3.
>
> Is anybody else experiencing this problem? Any suggestions?

Same here, sorry. Looks like a bug in AdaCore's build procedures.

I don't know quite what the new 'gnatxml' does, but it has the same
problem.

The 4.8.0 at https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuada/ does not have this
problem :-)

* Re: problem with gnat pp in gnat2013
@ 2013-06-06 14:40 ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2013-06-06 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le 06/06/2013 15:21, Leo Brewin a écrit :
> the command
>
>    gnat pp foo
>
> produced
>
>    gnatpp: installation problem - check gnatpp and GNAT versions
>    gnatpp: Exception name: PROGRAM_ERROR
>    Message: Inconsistent versions of GNAT and ASIS

You probably have downloaded the packages *before* it was officially
announced.

Pascal.

--
  Pascal Obry /  Magny Les Hameaux (78)

  The best way to travel is by means of imagination

  http://v2p.fr.eu.org
  http://www.obry.net

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B

* Re: problem with gnat pp in gnat2013
@ 2013-06-06 16:59   ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2013-06-06 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pascal Obry <pascal@obry.net> writes:

> Le 06/06/2013 15:21, Leo Brewin a crit :
>> the command
>>
>>    gnat pp foo
>>
>> produced
>>
>>    gnatpp: installation problem - check gnatpp and GNAT versions
>>    gnatpp: Exception name: PROGRAM_ERROR
>>    Message: Inconsistent versions of GNAT and ASIS
>
> You probably have downloaded the packages *before* it was officially
> announced.

The 2013 suite is back on line (though not yet announced) and gnatpp now
works.

* Re: problem with gnat pp in gnat2013
@ 2013-06-06 22:11   ` Leo Brewin
From: Leo Brewin @ 2013-06-06 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, June 7, 2013 12:40:24 AM UTC+10, Pascal Obry wrote:
> Le 06/06/2013 15:21, Leo Brewin a écrit :
>
> You probably have downloaded the packages *before* it was officially
>
> announced.

Indeed I did. I've just downloaded and installed the official version and gnatpp now works fine.

Thanks for the quick replies, most helpful.

@ 2013-06-06 22:21     ` Georg Bauhaus
From: Georg Bauhaus @ 2013-06-06 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 06.06.13 18:59, Simon Wright wrote:
> Pascal Obry <pascal@obry.net> writes:

>> You probably have downloaded the packages *before* it was officially
>> announced.
>
> The 2013 suite is back on line (though not yet announced) and gnatpp now
> works.

Does GNAT GPL 2013 work on Lion for anyone? The announcement says
Mountain Lion, so there may be reason to expect GNAT to fail on Lion.
Currently, every invocation of any of its programs results in:

Illegal instruction: 4

Has someone heard of a technical reason for GNAT not to work on Lion?

* Re: problem with gnat pp in gnat2013
@ 2013-06-07  9:21       ` volkert.barr
From: volkert.barr @ 2013-06-07  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

I had the same problem with gnat on Lion. I moved to OS X 10.8.4 now ... gnat works now ...

BW,
Volkert

@ 2013-06-07 20:39   ` Daniel Miller
From: Daniel Miller @ 2013-06-07 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday, June 6, 2013 9:40:24 AM UTC-5, Pascal Obry wrote:
> Le 06/06/2013 15:21, Leo Brewin a écrit :
>
> > the command
>

> >    gnat pp foo
>

> > produced
>

> >    gnatpp: installation problem - check gnatpp and GNAT versions
>
> >    gnatpp: Exception name: PROGRAM_ERROR
>
> >    Message: Inconsistent versions of GNAT and ASIS
>

> You probably have downloaded the packages *before* it was officially
>
> announced.
>

> Pascal.
>

> --
>
>   Pascal Obry /  Magny Les Hameaux (78)
>

>   The best way to travel is by means of imagination
>

>   http://v2p.fr.eu.org
>
>   http://www.obry.net
>

>   gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B

http://libre.adacore.com/tools/gnat-gpl-edition

Well, perhaps GNAT GPL 2013 has been "officially announced" but the web-page linked above still is touting the 2012 edition instead.  So I guess there is "officially announced" and "completely announced", where the "completely" variant occurs later than the "officially" variant.  :-)