* so with gnoga you can dump oracle and java? and use gnoga and postgresql?
@ 2016-03-18 13:55 endlessboomcapitalism
From: endlessboomcapitalism @ 2016-03-18 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

and get better results?

* Re: so with gnoga you can dump oracle and java? and use gnoga and postgresql?
@ 2016-03-18 18:46 ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2016-03-18 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, March 18, 2016 at 9:55:16 AM UTC-4, endlessboo...@gmail.com wrote:
> and get better results?

Yes, although Gnoga doesn't include bindings to postgresql but Simple Components which is included in the Dep directory does support it and ODBC. If there is a demand and interest I'm sure creating a binding to Postgresql using Gnoga's native DB support easy enough as well. There are also other postgresql bindings out there, just stay clear of the one from AdaCore because of the licensing issues.

David Botton

* Re: so with gnoga you can dump oracle and java? and use gnoga and postgresql?
@ 2016-03-29  1:48   ` endlessboomcapitalism
From: endlessboomcapitalism @ 2016-03-29  1:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, March 18, 2016 at 2:46:23 PM UTC-4, David Botton wrote:
> On Friday, March 18, 2016 at 9:55:16 AM UTC-4, endlessboo...@gmail.com wrote:
> > and get better results?
>
> Yes, although Gnoga doesn't include bindings to postgresql but Simple Components which is included in the Dep directory does support it and ODBC. If there is a demand and interest I'm sure creating a binding to Postgresql using Gnoga's native DB support easy enough as well. There are also other postgresql bindings out there, just stay clear of the one from AdaCore because of the licensing issues.
>
> David Botton

Would it be better to use ada data structures to keep all the data?