From: "Gleason" <gleason3@gte.net>
Subject: Re: 3-bit array porting problem from ADA83 to GreenHills ADA95
Date: 1999/11/10
Date: 1999-11-10T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Green Hills is investigating adding support for odd-size array component
sizes.  Prior to this, we had not seen requests for this feature.  The
reason for not supporting this in the past is that on most of the target
architectures we support, it would result in significantly less efficient
code than power-of-2 sizes.  We are investigating support for this when
specifically requested via a 'Component_Size specification, so that the
"default" packed array implementation will remain time efficient, while
allowing for special component sizes when necessary.

However, other priorities derived from more frequent customer requirements
have our Ada 95 product line improving and growing in other areas.
Improvements and additions include a secure memory-protected runtime for
multi-level safety critical and mission critical applications, bare target
runtimes, and the release of the next version of our Ada 95 embedded
software development environment, AdaMULTI 2000.  This engineering focus has
resulted in significant improvements to the entire graphical user inteface,
advances in the area of remote cross debugging (i.e. advanced
multi-tasking/multi-processor debugging features), additional debugger
connection strategies using serial, ethernet, JTAG, BDM and other unique
interfaces required by our customers, and continued improvements in the area
of optimizations across our entire family of embedded Ada95 compilers and
runtimes.

Jim Gleason
Green Hills Software, Inc.