* RE: is ada dead?
@ 2001-07-06  6:19 Vinzent Hoefler
From: Vinzent Hoefler @ 2001-07-06  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Original Message From tspivey8@home.com (tyler spivey)

>is ada dead?

No.

>is it only used in department of defense?

No.

>is it easy/hard to learn?

Depends on the background you have.
For most C-people it's very hard to learn. ;)

For me it was quite easy in the beginning (coming from the Pascal side), but
it takes a lot of time to get more deep into the language.

>wil it die soon?

No!

Vinzent.

* Re: RE: is ada dead?
@ 2001-07-06 14:17 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2001-07-06 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3B71806C@MailAndNews.com>, Vinzent Hoefler says...

>Original Message From tspivey8@home.com (tyler spivey)
>>is it easy/hard to learn?
>
>Depends on the background you have.
>For most C-people it's very hard to learn. ;)
>
>For me it was quite easy in the beginning (coming from the Pascal side), but
>it takes a lot of time to get more deep into the language.

I can vouch that for an ex-Modula-2 programmer, its practicly trivial to learn.
I was writing simple programs by the first day, and tasking programs within a
week.

---