From: Jeffrey Carter <spam@spam.com>
Subject: Re: New Ada book ...
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 01:46:46 GMT
Date: 2004-05-27T01:46:46+00:00	[thread overview]

Luke A. Guest wrote:

> I understand using Ada, but why COBOL? And what was it? That's just
> strange.

It is strange. At the time (1983) I was sitting idle while a supplier
corrected an error in their software that my software talked to. I had
only COBOL and assembler available, so I chose COBOL. It was a version
of Mancala/Wari/Awari. I may still have a listing lying around somewhere.

--
Jeff Carter
"Oh Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou