From: Ted Dennison<dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: problems installing gnat 3.13p on Windows 2000?
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 17:28:38 GMT
Date: 2001-08-09T17:28:38+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <vc5itfxxoh1.fsf@grinch.htc.honeywell.com>, Steve Vestal says...
>I still can't get gdb to work, it launches but can't seem to find and
>display the source files for the program being debugged. I speculated
>this might be due to spaces in paths, but moving everything so paths
>are completely POSIX-like doesn't help.

That looks like what I get when I don't compile with "-g". By default, the
compiler doesn't give you the debug symbols you need to succesfully run the
debugger. You have to specificly tell it to do so with "-g".

If that is what it was, don't feel bad about missing something so simple. I do
this to myself all the time, and it always takes me an appallingly long time to
figure out what the problem is. You'd think I'd learn...

---