From: "Warren W. Gay VE3WWG" <ve3wwg@cogeco.ca>
Subject: Re: Need to check access and modify time of a file
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 16:39:50 -0400
Date: 2003-09-18T16:39:50-04:00	[thread overview]

Preben Randhol wrote:

> On 2003-09-17, Larry Kilgallen <Kilgallen@SpamCop.net> wrote:
>>In article <slrnbmg95g.13n.randhol+abuse@kiuk0152.chembio.ntnu.no>, Preben Randhol <randhol+abuse@pvv.org> writes:
>>>Hi
>>>
>>>I need to make a small application that can check the modification and
>>>access time of some files. I use GNAT. Does anyboyd have some code doing
>>>this they want to share. Or if you could point me in the right
>>>directions. Sorry for asking and not figuring it out myself, but I'm
>>>very pressed for time.
>>
>>The very availability of the access time for a file depends on your
>>operating system.
>
> Linux. It is a Linux only application. I thought that GNAT had a
> function to do this, but I don't find it at the moment.

Preben, try FLORIST:

with POSIX.File_Status;
with POSIX.Calendar.POSIX_Time;

declare
    use POSIX.FIle_Status;
    S : Status;
    D : POSIX.Calendar.POSIX_Time;
begin

    S := Get_File_Status(Pathname);        -- Given a pathname
-- S := Get_File_Status(File_Descriptor); -- Given an open file descriptor
    D := Last_File_Modification_Of(S);

You'll have to root around in FLORIST to convert this
to a string form of a date, but that will get you
started.
--
Warren W. Gay VE3WWG
http://home.cogeco.ca/~ve3wwg