* GtkAda 2.0.0 for win32
@ 2002-04-21 16:22 Baruch Birnbaum
From: Baruch Birnbaum @ 2002-04-21 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dose anyone knows where can I get a binary distribution of GtkAda 2.0.0 for
win32 platform? Or at least the instruction for building the source on
win32?

TIA
baruch

* Re: GtkAda 2.0.0 for win32
@ 2002-04-22 16:48 ` John Stoneham
From: John Stoneham @ 2002-04-22 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Baruch Birnbaum wrote:
> Dose anyone knows where can I get a binary distribution of GtkAda 2.0.0 for
> win32 platform? Or at least the instruction for building the source on
> win32?
>
> TIA
> baruch

Doesn't look like there is one yet. You need to "roll your own", which I
haven't tried (yet), but all the stuff is there to do it. Get GTK+ for
Win32 at http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/downloads.html (it's at the
bottom of the page, and you will need the developer package as well, and
possibly some other dependent packages which are on the same page.) With
those in hand and properly installed, you should be able to build GtkAda
2.0.0 from source.

Like I said I haven't tried building it yet on Winders [sic], but I will
in the next few days. Hopefully. Time permitting. &c, &c, blah blah.
I'll post a follow-up if there are any kinks. Err, any kinks other than
those in Windows. *blech*
--
John Stoneham
(to email, reverse the entire domain)

* Re: GtkAda 2.0.0 for win32
@ 2002-04-30 14:39   ` John Stoneham
From: John Stoneham @ 2002-04-30 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

John Stoneham wrote:
> Doesn't look like there is one yet. You need to "roll your own", which I
> haven't tried (yet), but all the stuff is there to do it. Get GTK+ for
> Win32 at http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/downloads.html (it's at the
> bottom of the page, and you will need the developer package as well, and
> possibly some other dependent packages which are on the same page.) With
> those in hand and properly installed, you should be able to build GtkAda
> 2.0.0 from source.

Guess I spoke too soon. The source doesn't seem set up to compile under
Windows yet. It may be possible with a Cygwin environment loaded with
lots of extra tools like perl (needed for the "configure" script), which
I don't have. The Win32 diffs even seem to be for the old version of
GtkAda, not this one.

I'm not going to spend much more time trying to get it to work,
especially since Glade doesn't support Gtk+ 2.0 yet.

If someone can get it to compile without Cygwin, please post a follow-up.