From: slos <new.stephane.los@gmail.com>
Subject: Gnoga Callback Handlers with user data
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 03:53:54 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2015-11-22T03:53:54-08:00	[thread overview]

Hello there,

I am training myself with this nice Gnoga framework and I have a question.

Using for example GtkAda it is possible to have callback handlers with some user data given when connecting the callback to the button let's say.
http://docs.adacore.com/gtkada-docs/gtkada_ug/_build/html/signals.html#handling-user-data

Then you can have several buttons connected to the same handler which will get different user data.

In Gnoga I have not found this kind of handler.

I can connect to my button :

   procedure On_Click_Handler (Object  : in out Base_Type;
                               Handler : in     Action_Event);

which takes only :

   type Action_Event is access
     procedure (Object : in out Base_Type'Class);

So I cannot pass any user data of course :
   My_Button.On_Click_Handler (On_Click'Unrestricted_Access);

But I may have missed something.
Any suggestion welcome.

Best Regards,
Stéphane