* problem when 'make' gnatcoll in windows using mingw
@ 2013-08-15  4:41 Dwiki
From: Dwiki @ 2013-08-15  4:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

hello again,
its another newbie question about installing gnatcoll in windows,
im trying to install gnatcoll in windows using mingw,
im using gnatcoll-gpl-2010-src.tgz, this is the result of ./configure command :

configure: --------- Summary for GNAT Components --------------
configure:  Shared libraries: yes (default: static)
configure:  Gtk+:   yes
configure:     Make sure pkg-config is in your PATH
configure:     and gtkada.gpr in your project path
configure:  Python: no no
configure:     use --with-python to override
configure:  PyGtk:  no
configure:     use --enable-pygtk to override
configure:  Syslog: no
configure:     use --enable-syslog to override
configure:  PostgreSQL: no
configure:     use --with-postgresql to override
configure:  Sqlite: no
configure:     use --with-sqlite to override
configure:  Projects: yes
configure:  gmp: no
configure:     use --with-gmp to override
configure: --------------------------------------------

but when i execute 'make' command, it show me error :

gprbuild -m -j -XLIBRARY_TYPE=static -Pgnatcoll_build -p
gprbuild: illegal option "-j" on the command line

im using gcc (GCC) 4.3.4

thank you.....

* Re: problem when 'make' gnatcoll in windows using mingw
@ 2013-08-15  6:14 ` egilhh
From: egilhh @ 2013-08-15  6:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday, August 15, 2013 6:41:02 AM UTC+2, Dwiki wrote:

> gprbuild -m -j -XLIBRARY_TYPE=static -Pgnatcoll_build -p
>
> gprbuild: illegal option "-j" on the command line

-j is used to specify the number of parallel compilations, for example: -j2
There's probably a missing variable that must be set.
Search the makefile/cofigure script to see which variable is needed to specify the number, and where it should be set.

* Re: problem when 'make' gnatcoll in windows using mingw
@ 2013-08-15  6:19 ` Dwiki
From: Dwiki @ 2013-08-15  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

ok, ive try upgrade my gcc into 4.5.4, but i still got some problem, when executing 'make' command, it say
c:/gnat/2012/bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/4.5.4/ld.exe: cannot find -lgtkada-2.24,
any clue?

thanks

* Re: problem when 'make' gnatcoll in windows using mingw
@ 2013-08-15  6:22   ` Dwiki
From: Dwiki @ 2013-08-15  6:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pada Kamis, 15 Agustus 2013 13:14:26 UTC+7, egilhh  menulis:
> On Thursday, August 15, 2013 6:41:02 AM UTC+2, Dwiki wrote:
>

> > gprbuild -m -j -XLIBRARY_TYPE=static -Pgnatcoll_build -p
>

> > gprbuild: illegal option "-j" on the command line
>

> -j is used to specify the number of parallel compilations, for example: -j2
>
> There's probably a missing variable that must be set.
>
> Search the makefile/cofigure script to see which variable is needed to specify the number, and where it should be set.

thx egilhh, now im facing another problem as my 2nd post :D