From: doodad71@hotmail.com (Jack)
Subject: Ada Mode indenting question
Date: 30 Sep 2003 22:08:07 -0700
Date: 2003-09-30T22:08:07-07:00	[thread overview]

Hi,

I wouldn't ask this question here, but I know that AdaMode gurus prowl
this group:

Before I reinstalled it, my Emacs used to properly indent the next
line when I hit "return" - that is, when I finished a line and hit
"return", the cursor would be waiting at the proper indentation.

Now, it waits for me to press "tab".

Poring through webpages and books, I've discovered that pressing "C-j"
instead of "return" gets me the desired behavior. Must Emacs train me,
or can I train Emacs? Is there a variable to set? Can I map "C-j" to
the "return" key?

Thanks,
Jack