* Ada & C++
@ 2005-04-06 10:28 Szymon Guz
From: Szymon Guz @ 2005-04-06 10:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
I've got a simple question about using Ada together with C++ and other
languages. If I have a library written in Ada and compiled eg. under
Windows and then I want to compile it under Linux, I suppose there won't
be any problems with that. But what about using this library from a C++
program, will there be any problems with using it under Windows and
Linux and does it depend on the C++ compilere that I use ?

regards
Szymon Guz

* Re: Ada & C++
@ 2005-04-06 13:31 ` Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2005-04-06 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Szymon Guz wrote:

> Hi,
> I've got a simple question about using Ada together with C++ and other
> languages. If I have a library written in Ada and compiled eg. under
> Windows and then I want to compile it under Linux, I suppose there won't
> be any problems with that. But what about using this library from a C++
> program, will there be any problems with using it under Windows and
> Linux and does it depend on the C++ compilere that I use ?

It does depend on the Ada and C++ compiler. From my experience I know that
GNAT works fine with gcc C/C++ and can be made to work with Visual
Studio .NET C++.

For Visual Studio you have to take into account that VS.NET uses a different
storage pool.

Martin
--
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net

* Re: Ada & C++
@ 2005-04-06 21:01 ` danmcleran
From: danmcleran @ 2005-04-06 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've used Gnat 3.15p with MSVC SP5 by calling a C-dll from an Ada exe
and it worked great.

* Ada & C++
@ 2005-04-23  5:53 alan
From: alan @ 2005-04-23  5:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
> I've got a simple question about using Ada together with C++ and other
> languages. If I have a library written in Ada and compiled eg. under
> Windows and then I want to compile it under Linux, I suppose there won't
> be any problems with that. But what about using this library from a C++
> program, will there be any problems with using it under Windows and
> Linux and does it depend on the C++ compilere that I use ?

It does depend on the Ada and C++ compiler. From my experience I know that
GNAT works fine with gcc C/C++ and can be made to work with Visual
Studio .NET C++.

For Visual Studio you have to take into account that VS.NET uses a different
storage pool.

Are your brilliant ? Find out free

http://www.kqzyfj.com/click-1617415-7201400