* Ada and Assembler
@ 2002-03-31 13:10 Henrik Quintel
From: Henrik Quintel @ 2002-03-31 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,
is it possible to link an external assembler file to an Ada program and to
call an assembler operation from an Ada program?
If yes, please let me know how. Perhaps it is also possible to include
assembler code direct in the Ada Code? I have searched in the AARM but I
haven't found anything that has something to do with interfacing to
assembler code. So it would be very friendly if someon ecan give me a hint
for this problem.

Thanks in adavance.

Yours Henrik

* Thanks
@ 2004-09-19 16:51 Gwynnnn
From: Gwynnnn @ 2004-09-19 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

    Thanks for your help.

     I have now figured out how to get it to recognise more than one
directory  (separated by spaces) but I cannot yet figure out how to get it
to recognise directory names with spaces in them. Is it possible?

     Best wishes

     Gwynnnn

* More details on:--- ADA vs JAVA sockets---
@ 2004-01-08  8:32 Riccardo
From: Riccardo @ 2004-01-08  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

OK,
The possibility of loss due to UDP (I believe) is not the case (moreover we
had many other applications made only in C (C++) and ADA working correctely
for the same purpose..):

        --    the connection is exactely point to point and so (!?!?!?) no
packages should be lost                             in different directions.

The idea that I had about, is that maybe the OS queue for UDP is too small
for the quantities of data we are sending and receiving.
It is possible to set it by g-sockets or in another way????

The fact that the problems come always at the same point of the execution
(once when ADA program sends and once when JAVA program does it) should
suggest something different!??!?!?!?!

One try was to make an ADA to ADA  and JAVA to JAVA communication only, and
the programs seems, in this case, to work fine.

g-socket is really full of bug!? What Sould I use instead?

Thanks to everybody,

Riccardo

"Riccardo" <kk@kk.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Hi!
> I'm trying to put together two applications written respectively in ADA
and
> in JAVA.
>
> Each one has its own socket mechanism (in ADA I use G N A T . S O C K E T
> ver. 1.27 and in JAVA the standard sockets: JAVA.net).
>
> Using UDP protocol on a direct connection (no other machines in between)
> when I have big quantities of data it appends that some data get lost.
>
> Introducing some delays (in both directions: either receiving in ADA or
> JAVA) the problem seems to be solved.
>

> Is there someone that found the same difficulty?
>
> Can I say thet JAVA brings such kind of problems?
> (the same program in ADA works fine with an application written in C++)
>
> Thanks!
>
> Riccardo

* Thanks
@ 1987-06-05  9:29 A-PIRARD
From: A-PIRARD @ 1987-06-05  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

I received so many answers to my IBM 370 VM/CMS query it is easier
to thank through the net.
Ada people are nice people...
Greetings from Belgium.