From: "Tarjei T. Jensen" <tarjei.jensen@kvaerner.com>
Subject: Re: ARG Urgent Problems (was: labeling)
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 10:22:19 +0100
Date: 2002-03-19T10:22:19+01:00	[thread overview]

"Nick Williams" <nickw@acm.org> wrote in message
news:1016370675.163940@ananke.eclipse.net.uk...
> What exactly do you mean by 'unsigned integers and not just the positive
> part of integers'?

Unsigned in Ada (Natural) is from 0 to integer'last which is the same as
system.max_int;

> If you want to model unsigned integers the same way that C models them,
then
> use modular types, surely?

I just said that this is not what I want. I want a real unsigned with
rangechecking and the lot  - and not the abominable modular type workaround.

It really should be possible to map the C type  size_t to an ada unsigned
type without having to botch the job by using a modular type.

C allows both integers and unsigned to wrap, but somehow those who decides
these things think that therefore Ada unsigned above integer'last must wrap
as well.

That logic beats me.

greetings,