* Building GtkAda - Ubuntu
@ 2011-08-30  1:51 RasikaSrinivasan@gmail.com
From: RasikaSrinivasan@gmail.com @ 2011-08-30  1:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am getting the following error message when I try to build GtkAda on
Ubuntu. Turns out I dont have a file called xrender.pc. Any ideas on
how to solve this issue? Also I thought cairo was for the Mac's. Does
this indicate some sort of config error?

Thanks for hints, srini

Perhaps you should add the directory containing `xrender.pc'
Package 'xrender', required by 'cairo', not found

* Re: Building GtkAda - Ubuntu
@ 2011-08-30  7:54 ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2011-08-30  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

"RasikaSrinivasan@gmail.com" <rasikasrinivasan@gmail.com> writes:
> I am getting the following error message when I try to build GtkAda on
> Ubuntu.

Have you tried

aptitude install libgtkada2.14.2-dev

?

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: Building GtkAda - Ubuntu
@ 2011-08-30 11:48   ` RasikaSrinivasan@gmail.com
From: RasikaSrinivasan@gmail.com @ 2011-08-30 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Aug 30, 3:54 am, Ludovic Brenta <ludo...@ludovic-brenta.org> wrote
> "RasikaSriniva...@gmail.com" <rasikasriniva...@gmail.com> writes:
> > I am getting the following error message when I try to build GtkAda on
> > Ubuntu.
>
> Have you tried
>
> aptitude install libgtkada2.14.2-dev
>
> ?
>
> --
> Ludovic Brenta.

Thanks. That worked. I wonder if I could find other packages that I
seem to have trouble installing eg. PolyORB and AWS.

srini

* Re: Building GtkAda - Ubuntu
@ 2011-08-30 12:33     ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2011-08-30 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

RasikaSriniva wrote on comp.lang.ada:
> On Aug 30, 3:54 am, Ludovic Brenta wrote
>> "RasikaSriniva...@gmail.com" <rasikasriniva...@gmail.com> writes:
>>> I am getting the following error message when I try to build GtkAda on
>>> Ubuntu.
>>
>> Have you tried
>>
>> aptitude install libgtkada2.14.2-dev
>>
>> ?
>
> Thanks. That worked. I wonder if I could find other packages that I
> seem to have trouble installing eg. PolyORB and AWS.
>
> srini

Yes, use aptitude to look for the packages that depend on ada-compiler
or gnat.

--
Ludovic Brenta.
The human resources improve an enterprise content management.

* Re: Building GtkAda - Ubuntu
@ 2011-08-30 15:15 ` David Sauvage
From: David Sauvage @ 2011-08-30 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Aug 30, 5:51 am, "RasikaSriniva...@gmail.com"
<rasikasriniva...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am getting the following error message when I try to build GtkAda on
> Ubuntu. Turns out I dont have a file called xrender.pc. Any ideas on
> how to solve this issue?

Where do the GtkAda sources you are building come from ?
1.If you got them from an Ubuntu repository, the answer Ludovic gave
you is good.

2. If they are external to Ubuntu, like (libre.adacore.com), I would
say installing
libxrender-dev or libcairo2-dev could be more appropriate.

libcairo2-dev: /usr/lib/pkgconfig/cairo-xlib-xrender.pc
libxrender-dev: /usr/lib/pkgconfig/xrender.pc

PS:
You could install the apt-file package that will help you find the
package that provides a specific file. For example, running
$ apt-file search xrender.pc
returns me the 2 packages I suggested you.

to update the apt-file database, run
$ apt-file update