From: "tony gair" <tonygair@nespamtome.btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: NetBeans and ADA?
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 12:17:11 +0000 (UTC)
Date: 2002-03-01T12:17:11+00:00	[thread overview]

"Dr. Michael Paus" <paus@ib-paus.com> wrote in message
news:3C7F6B89.65039690@ib-paus.com...
> tony gair wrote:
> >
> > I currently have a pre Alpha Ada client server application using Samuel
> > Tardieu's Sockets application,
> > The client interface is currently using Gtkada and adasockets  to 'talk'
> > the user.
>
> I don't know what this has to do with "NetBeans and ADA".
>
> > For a number of reasons I am finding this a little unsatisfactory and
once I
> > have 'completed this application, I'm hoping to replace the client using
> > java applet and  the relatively newly released package JAWS.sockets,
using
> > the following technique,
>
> What is JAWS.sockets?
>
> Michael

   I had thought out the above approach for my own needs, as I am not
particularly happy about the idea of running java on the server. This is a
possible alternative  using Ada serverside and Java client side...
( java on the server :- are Sun trying to sell us lots of high power servers
for low power jobs!)

JAWS sockets was a package released by Marc Criley quite recently and I
quote
#
I have a package, JAWS.Sockets, that is an analog of Samuel Tardieu's
AdaSockets package.  It is designed for compilation by JGNAT and
interacts with the JDK's networking/socket classes--and works just fine!
:-)

#