From: "Nazgul" <darkelf@aim.homelinux.com>
Subject: Gnat Installation conflict on Linux
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 15:54:17 +0100
Date: 2002-02-25T15:54:17+01:00	[thread overview]

Hi, I'm installing Gnat 3.14p under slackware linux, via a .tgz

The problem is, if I install it under /usr/gnat, and insert /usr/gnat/bin in
front of the path, then when I want to use gcc to compile a .c file, for
example, then the /usr/gnat/bin 2.8.1 version is executed.

If I append /usr/gnat/bin at the end of the path, then the newer system
installed version of gcc (2.95) runs with the command 'gcc', but when I trie
to compile Ada with gnatmake, it doesn't work, gcc reports "No Ada compiler
installed on the system"

Any way to make them both work?

Thanks.