* New Gnoga demo
@ 2015-06-14 12:22 David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2015-06-14 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pascal Pignard (now also one of the maintainers of Gnoga) has added a new demo app, Connect Four.

Originally developed for GNAT_JVM by Barry Fagin and Martin Carlisle, US Air Force Academy. Pascal adapted it to GNOGA and left the original GNAT_JVM code in place as comments, for comparison.

http://gnoga.com:8083/

David Botton

* Re: New Gnoga demo
@ 2015-06-14 19:31 ` Jeremiah
From: Jeremiah @ 2015-06-14 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sunday, June 14, 2015 at 8:22:36 AM UTC-4, David Botton wrote:
> Pascal Pignard (now also one of the maintainers of Gnoga) has added a new demo app, Connect Four.
>
> Originally developed for GNAT_JVM by Barry Fagin and Martin Carlisle, US Air Force Academy. Pascal adapted it to GNOGA and left the original GNAT_JVM code in place as comments, for comparison.
>
> http://gnoga.com:8083/
>
> David Botton

Awesome!  I'll check out the code as that sounds interesting.  It does appear to be buggy.  I had a win come out as a tie game:

http://i58.tinypic.com/flhx0x.jpg

My final move was the blue in column 5.  I was going first, so the computer had a turn after me.

* Re: New Gnoga demo
@ 2015-06-14 20:12   ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2015-06-14 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Awesome!  I'll check out the code as that sounds interesting.  It does appear to be buggy.

I think also would improve with double buffering.

I'll mention to Pascal Pignard, not sure how much he keeps up with CLA.

David Botton

* Re: New Gnoga demo
@ 2015-07-26 15:16   ` Blady
From: Blady @ 2015-07-26 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello, I've open a ticket:
https://sourceforge.net/p/gnoga/tickets/21/

Thanks, Pascal.
http://blady.pagesperso-orange.fr

@ 2015-07-27 22:11     ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2015-07-27 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

> >> http://gnoga.com:8083/

Pascal's fix are on-line now for the demo. Double buffering may be implemented later, but the goal of Pascal's project was direct port of Java code. We may add a general purpose double buffering canvas built on HTML5's in the near future.

David Botton