From: Bruce Conroy <bruceconroy@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Anybody using Adabroker with GNAT 3.3?
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 02:19:50 GMT
Date: 2004-06-05T02:19:50+00:00	[thread overview]

Oliver Kellogg wrote:

> "Bruce Conroy" <bruceconroy@earthlink.net> writes:
>>
>> There hasn't been a mention of it for several years, so
>> I'm asking if it is still in use.
>>

> AdaBroker is no longer maintained, its successor is PolyORB:
>
> http://libre.act-europe.fr/polyorb/
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Oliver M. Kellogg
Thanks. It does help some. There are 2 problems.

1) it looks like a more heavyweight solution than I
need, and

2) it also gives nonsenseical error messages when I
try to install it. The fragment

                       declare
                           Ok : constant Boolean
                             := Add_Identifier (Result, Get_Token_String);
                           pragma Warnings (Off);
                           pragma Unreferenced (Ok);
                           pragma Warnings (On);
                           --  here, the addentifier is really added only if
                           --  we're not in the case where the module name
                           --  was already defined
                        begin
                           Set_Default_Repository_Id (Result);
                           Set_Initial_Current_Prefix (Result);
                        end;

aborts the make stage with the warning Ok not referenced (when
it clearly is.)

For what I want now, I'm going back to AdaBroker and Gnat 3.14p

blc