* How to read console commands
@ 2001-12-01  1:26 Heiko Hamann
From: Heiko Hamann @ 2001-12-01  1:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

I would like to read console commands that were included like this:
"program -d=500 e=12"
with a Ada program. How can that be done?

Thank you and bye

Heiko.

* Re: How to read console commands
@ 2001-12-01  2:22 ` James Rogers
From: James Rogers @ 2001-12-01  2:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

You want to use the Ada.Command_Line package to handle command line
options.

Jim Rogers
Colorado Springs, Colorado

@ 2001-12-01  2:24 ` Roger Gari�py
From: Roger Gari�py @ 2001-12-01  2:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Read the Package Command_Line in Annex A of your Ada maual.

Excerp: "The package Command_Line allows a program to obtain the values of
its arguments and to set the exit status code to be returned on normal
termination."

You will find the information you need there.

Roger Gari�py                  :-)   <-   :-(
rgariepy@rocler.qc.ca

"Heiko Hamann" <aggo@freenet.de> a �crit dans le message news:
3c08314e$0$158$9b622d9e@news.freenet.de...

@ 2001-12-01 13:43 ` Marc A. Criley
From: Marc A. Criley @ 2001-12-01 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Heiko Hamann wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I would like to read console commands that were included like this:
> "program -d=500 e=12"
> with a Ada program. How can that be done?

I wrote a command line parser a few years ago that's designed to be a
framework for processing command line options and arguments.  It's at:

http://www.adapower.com/reuse/cmd_line.html

Marc A. Criley