From: "Kent Paul Dolan" <xanthian@well.com>
Subject: Re: The incredibly slimy ethics of Robert Dewar
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 06:20:12 +0000 (UTC)
Date: 2002-04-23T06:20:12+00:00	[thread overview]

"Eric G. Miller" <egm2@jps-nospam.net> wrote:

> Pot calling the kettle black?

Not at all; I don't use kill files, all of my articles are signed with
an email address that works for anyone who cares to correspond with me,
per netiquette, unlike, say, yours, and I've never insulted someone and
then not been willing to listen to the response, nor have I ever put an
email interceptor in place after flaming someone (or, indeed, at all; it
is one of the disreputable Net technologies I've gone out of my way not
to learn, likeforging news articles).

This is definitely a one party problem and Robert is the one emailing
tongue lashings and then throwing up barricades so he doesn't have to
live with the fruits of his ignoble nature.

I don't at all think that "gutless coward" is too strong a
characterization of such behavior, especially as this is his second
go-round doing exactly the same thing to me.

What you get of me in public, however unlovely, is exactly what you find
in private, too, I'm not leading the double life Robert is.

xanthian.

[Actually, the way Robert treats newbies to comp.lang.ada in public
isn't all that lovely either, and probably drives many potential Ada
converts away beyond merely the ones to whom he goes out of his way to
be rude and insulting, but that's another issue.]