From: cp98ak@cosc.brocku.ca (Chris)
Subject: Understanding Rendezvous
Date: 22 Feb 2003 19:42:38 -0800
Date: 2003-02-23T03:42:38+00:00	[thread overview]

Hello,
I am trying to get a grip on how to do different things with Ada,
using rendezvous. What I desire is a selective accept that will have a
condition of something like "if this accept is waiting, processes it"
and the alternate portion of the select will be OTHER code, just
general code that does whatever (no accepts). I tried it with a
'delay' but did not get the proper results.

I.E.:

loop
	select
		when Accept_Ready =>
			accept Data (...,...) do
			end Data;
	or
		print_this_compute_that();
	end select;
end loop;

I just need to be pointed in the right direction.

TIA,

Chris.