From: "Marin David Condic" <dont.bother.mcondic.auntie.spam@[acm.org>
Subject: Re: Unchecked_Deallocation and Constraint_Error
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:45:52 -0500
Date: 2002-02-20T22:45:54+00:00	[thread overview]

O.K. Phraseology & punctuation being the issue, I can easily conceed that I
misused the term. :-) I'm by nature, disinclined to be a stickler for
accuracy - which is probably why I'm not a language lawyer.

The point remains that you need specific compiler settings in order to get
full compliance with the ARM & it doesn't happen by default with GNAT and
possibly other compilers. Not that this is a *bad* thing - just the way the
world is. Given the original question, I think its important to focus in on
the fact that any arbitrary Ada compiler out there isn't necessarily going
to behave as expected unless one checks out the documentation, etc., to be
sure it is properly configured and all appropriate options are taken.

The original poster might find a better answer to his question if we knew
the compiler brand & platform - someone might know what compiler settings to
go with to correct the problem.....

MDC
--
Marin David Condic