From: b99andla@student.his.se (Kladde)
Subject: Enormous problems in one of my programs!
Date: 24 May 2002 03:13:58 -0700
Date: 2002-05-24T10:13:59+00:00	[thread overview]

Helllo! I have a home assignment in ADA, and sice Im not used to this
language I need some help, I would be very greatful. Below I will
insert a start, header and body file and any faults or problems you
can find I will be very happy for. Under the code I will insert the
compile failures I get when trying to compile.

All help is greatly appreciated!!

//***********************

START FILE (shouldnt contain any faults since it came with the package
i got at the start of the course):

//***************************

with Fibonacci;
use Fibonacci;

procedure Starter is

begin
   Random_F.Reset(Gen =>Randomizer);  -- initialize random generator
      Island.Breed;                   -- creates first two rabbits
   end;

//********************************

DECLARATION FILE (.ads file, shouldnt contain any faults either since
it too came with the package):

//********************************

with Ada.Numerics.Discrete_Random;
with Ada.Text_Io;

package Fibonacci is

   task type Female is                -- Server task specification
      entry Multiply;
   end Female;

   type Server_P is access Female;    -- Type for Pointers to Server
tasks

   task type Male;                    -- Client task specification

   type Client_P is access Male;      -- Type for Pointers to Client
tasks

   type Servers is array (1 .. 100) of Server_P;
   type Clients is array (1 .. 100) of Client_P;

   subtype F_Index is Integer range 1 .. 100;  -- Support for
randomness in selection of servers
   package Random_F is
      new Ada.Numerics.Discrete_Random(Result_Subtype => F_Index);

     -- Hint : Temp:=(Random_F.Random(Gen => Randomizer) mod 17)+1;
assigns a

   Randomizer : Random_F.Generator; -- Generator of psudo-randomnes

   protected type Island_T is          -- protected object definition

   private
      Pairs : Integer := 0;
      Females : Servers;
      Males : Clients;

      entry Get_Random_Female (
            Female :    out Server_P );

      procedure Breed;

   end Island_T;

   Island : Island_T;                -- a protected object for
resource control

end Fibonacci;

//***************************

BODY FILE (this is the one that contains the faults since its the one
that I made :-))

//***************************

with Ada.Numerics.Discrete_Random;
with Ada.Text_Io;
package body Fibonacci is

--H�R �R KVINNAN

task body Female is
  begin
  loop

    accept Multiply do
      Island.Breed;
    end Multiply;

  end loop;

end Female;

-- H�r �r mannen

task body Male is
  temp : Female;
  begin
    delay 20.0;
    loop
      temp := Island.Get_Random_Female;
      loop
        select
          temp.Multiply;
        or
          delay 3.0;
        end select;
      end loop;
      delay 2.0;
    end loop;

end Male;

 -- H�r �r �n

protected body Island is

   begin

  accept Get_Random_Female(hona: out Server_P) do
    hona := honor(par);
    return;
  end Get_Random_Female;

  procedure Breed is
    begin
      if(par <= 100) then
        hanar(par) := new Male;
        honor(par) := new Female;
        par := par+1;
    end if;
    end Breed;

end Island;

end Fibonacci;

Here are the errors that the program produces

fibonacci.adb:51:03: missing "end Island;"
fibonacci.adb:59:03: declarations must come before "begin"
fibonacci.adb:68:01: "end Fibonnaci;" expected