From: anon@anon.org (anon)
Subject: Re: GNAT & GPS on Linpus Linux
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 23:43:02 GMT
Date: 2009-04-02T23:43:02+00:00	[thread overview]

If you want to use Ada with a Netbook or mini I would suggest getting a
system with ATOM 270 cpu, 2G memory and 16/32G SSD. The SSD allows
a longer time between recharging.

To find out if GNAT will work.
	Load the GNAT system and example programs onto a Flash Drive.
	Install the drive into a USB port on the mimi at the store system.
        And try to compile and test example programs. Using command line.

Note: You can use either VI or KATE/WRITE for your editor and the command
line or TERM to compile and build programs.

        Then try excuting the GPS (will be VGA or low density SVGA mode).

Note: The only problem I see is in using the GPS with a 7 to 12 inch screen
it might be too hard to see the multi-windows to use. So you might want to
use the GPS only when you have access to an external monitor.