From: Mehdi Saada <00120260a@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: unicode and wide_text_io
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2017 14:32:50 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2017-12-27T14:32:50-08:00	[thread overview]

> Wide Text_IO is UCS-2. Keep on using UTF-8. You probably
> meant output of code points. That is a different beast. Convert a code
> point to UTF-8 string and output that. E.g.
Sure I'll look to your work, but ... Fundamentaly, how can a UTF8 string even represent  codepoints next to the 255th ??
Superscripts and subscripts means more change in the IO package.
Before I could simply use the generic Integer_IO, but I have no clue how to do to output a specific code point for each digit in a specific base... wouldn't that mean rewriting part of Integer_IO ?

I may have a rather very shallow understanding of characters encoding and representation, and that's quite an understatement, but you said: "Ada's Character has Latin-1 encoding which differs from UTF-8 in the code positions greater than 127"
Really ?? You're sayin' there position such as Wide_Character'Val(X) doesn't correspond to the Xth character in the UNICODE standard ??
And I know peanuts about the UCS-2 thing. I'm too ignorant for getting one bit of your saying, except it sounds like heresy in the ears of the Ada Church. Burn them all !!
Ada.stream permits output of bits without any formatting, right ? If so, it might do.