From: "Marin David Condic" <dont.bother.mcondic.auntie.spam@[acm.org>
Subject: Re: How did you get started in Ada?
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 10:02:03 -0500
Date: 2002-02-07T15:02:04+00:00	[thread overview]

The original poster (Aidan Skinner) didn't happen to mention the geography
of interest. This looks like a good place to start looking if you're in the
U.K. If the interest is in some part of the USA, I'd suggest looking at the
websites for the big aerospace and defense contractors to see if they have
branches in the part of the country one might be interested in living in.

There really isn't much available information on Ada jobs. Most of the
references you'd find on the net lead you to headhunters - not necessarily a
bad thing, but not giving you much insight into where to look for the things
that *don't* get handed off to a headhunter.

What might be useful to the Ada community would be to have a set of links to
company websites for companies that are known to be doing Ada development in
some capacity. Some version of: "If your company is doing anything with Ada,
send in a link along with a brief description of any Ada work you know is
being done..." That would probably be more effective than simply looking for
Ada job postings which would undoubtedly miss most of the stuff going on.
I'd suggest that AdaPower would be the logical place for such a page, but I
certainly wouldn't want to volunteer anyone for more work. :-)

MDC
--
Marin David Condic
Senior Software Engineer