* AUNIT - Linux and Mac OSX
@ 2016-04-08  0:14 RasikaSrinivasan
From: RasikaSrinivasan @ 2016-04-08  0:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am running 4.6 under Ubuntu Linux

I thought AUnit was included in the gnat package but my installation does not have a "AUnit.ads"

On my Mac gnatmake -v reports:

GNATMAKE GPL 2015 (20150428-49)

here again when I "With Aunit" it is not a known package.

Can someone suggest how I can get Aunit in these environments?

thanks, siren

* Re: AUNIT - Linux and Mac OSX
@ 2016-04-08  7:51 ` Mart van de Wege
From: Mart van de Wege @ 2016-04-08  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

"RasikaSrinivasan@gmail.com" <RasikaSrinivasan@gmail.com> writes:

> I am running 4.6 under Ubuntu Linux
>
> I thought AUnit was included in the gnat package but my installation does not have a "AUnit.ads"
>
> On my Mac gnatmake -v reports:
>
> GNATMAKE GPL 2015 (20150428-49)
>
> here again when I "With Aunit" it is not a known package.
>
> Can someone suggest how I can get Aunit in these environments?

On my Debian unstable laptop, and my work Unbuntu 15.10 workstation it
is in the packages libaunit3.7.1 and libanuit3.7.1-dev.

Check the exact versions on your install by doing 'apt-cache search
aunit', and the install the -dev package with 'apt-get install
libaunit<version>-dev'.

Mart

    --- AJS, quoting an uncertain source.

* Re: AUNIT - Linux and Mac OSX
@ 2016-04-08  9:37 ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2016-04-08  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

"RasikaSrinivasan@gmail.com" <RasikaSrinivasan@gmail.com> writes:

> On my Mac gnatmake -v reports:
>
> GNATMAKE GPL 2015 (20150428-49)
>
> here again when I "With Aunit" it is not a known package.
>
> Can someone suggest how I can get Aunit in these environments?

Download aunit-gpl-2015-src.tar.gz from Libre, then

   $ tar zxvf aunit-gpl-2015-src.tar.gz
   $ cd aunit-gpl-2015-src
   $ make
   $ sudo make install

.. should do the trick

* Re: AUNIT - Linux and Mac OSX
@ 2016-04-08 10:08   ` RasikaSrinivasan
From: RasikaSrinivasan @ 2016-04-08 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

This worked.

Appreciate the pointer.

Thanks.

FYI - the make called for gprinstall, which called for xmlada, which called for ... - which I did not have. eventually i ended up copying the build artifacts by hand.  Curious that the initial install of gnat or gprbuild did not pull in all of these related packages.

* Re: AUNIT - Linux and Mac OSX
@ 2016-04-08 11:44     ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2016-04-08 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

"RasikaSrinivasan@gmail.com" <RasikaSrinivasan@gmail.com> writes:

> FYI - the make called for gprinstall, which called for xmlada, which
> called for ... - which I did not have. eventually i ended up copying
> the build artifacts by hand.  Curious that the initial install of gnat
> or gprbuild did not pull in all of these related packages.

The FSF GCC 5.2.0 OS X build at [1] includes all these!

gprinstall is part of gprbuild, but I don't see why you had a problem on
OS X; gprinstall is included in gnat-gpl-2015-x86_64-darwin-bin.tar.gz.

On Debian(-based) systems, gprbuild is a separate package.

[1] https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuada/files/GNAT_GCC%20Mac%20OS%20X/5.2.0/native/