* ANNOUNCE: XML EZ Out 1.05 Available
@ 2006-09-24 18:54 Marc A. Criley
From: Marc A. Criley @ 2006-09-24 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

XML EZ Out is a small set of packages intended to aid the creation of
XML-formatted output from within Ada programs. It basically wraps the tags
and data provided to it with XML syntax and writes them to a user-supplied
medium.

This medium can be any sort of writable entity, such as a file, a memory
buffer, or even a communications link, such as a socket. The only
functionality required of the medium is that it supply a meaningful "Put"
(for writing a string) and "New_Line" procedure.

Simply "with" the desired package, instantiate it if necessary, and then
"use" it. The XML EZ_Out packages are explicitly designed to have "use"
clauses applied.

Version 1.05 adds a couple features, one to let applications set and change
the style of the generated XML, either as indented or continuous, during
run-time instead of as a parameter of the instantiation.

The other addition controls the presence of attributes that have no
content, i.e, an empty string.  By default the attribute is not output in
this situation, but setting Default_Output_Null_Attributes to True forces
those attributes having empty content to be output.  [Suggested by Niklas
Holsti.]

Licensing is GMGPL.

Comments, questions welcome, have fun!

-- Marc A. Criley
-- McKae Technologies
-- www.mckae.com
-- DTraq - Avatox - XIA - XML EZ Out

* Re: ANNOUNCE: XML EZ Out 1.05 Available
@ 2006-09-25  1:11 ` Marc A. Criley
From: Marc A. Criley @ 2006-09-25  1:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marc A. Criley wrote:
> XML EZ Out is a small set of packages intended to aid the creation of
> XML-formatted output from within Ada programs. It basically wraps the
> tags and data provided to it with XML syntax and writes them to a
> user-supplied medium.

I should add that the direct link to XML EZ Out 1.05 is
www.mckae.com/xmlEz.html.

Sorry for the omission.

Marc