From: Britt <britt.snodgrass@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Simple loop with a strange output
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 05:46:31 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2013-05-24T05:46:31-07:00	[thread overview]

On Thursday, May 23, 2013 5:34:47 PM UTC-4, Randy Brukardt wrote:

> That's the official line, but I think if you asked most people
> at AdaCore today, they'd tell you that it was a mistake. But
> mistakes like this one aren't really fixable, because of all
> of the existing code that would be at risk of breaking if they
> changed the default.

I also view it was a mistake.  I think there may have been an opportunity to correct it by making -gnato (overflow checking) implicit when the compiler is in Ada 2012 mode. Then a new switch would be needed to turn it off. This approach would have had little risk of breaking much existing code.

- Britt