From: David Starner <dvdeug@x8b4e53cd.dhcp.okstate.edu>
Subject: Re: Aflex and ASCII-8 characters
Date: 18 Jan 2002 07:15:46 GMT
Date: 2002-01-18T07:15:46+00:00	[thread overview]

On 17 Jan 2002 16:53:23 -0800, Lionel Najman <najman@gla.ecoledoc.lip6.fr> wrote:
> I'm developping an Ada scanner with Aflex and Ayacc and I need to
> parse ASCII-8 characters.

ASCII-8? What's that?

Seriously, there are dozens of 8-bit codes with ASCII as a proper subset
in current use. Referring to any one of them as 8-bit ASCII is confusing
and inaccurate.

> I know that Aflex is limited to ASCII-7 but
> I wanted to know if someone has modified Aflex source so as to parse
> ASCII-8 characters.

It shouldn't be hard to do, provided Aflex doesn't munge data into the
8th bit. Ada95 provides more support for 8-bit characters than Ada83, at
least in theory. Or you could try OpenToken, by Ted Dennison, which
should support 8-bit characters.

--
David Starner - starner@okstate.edu, dvdeug/jabber.com (Jabber)
When the aliens come, when the deathrays hum, when the bombers bomb,