* Open-source project for ADA development
@ 2009-07-17  0:28 Socorro
From: Socorro @ 2009-07-17  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all, a friend of mine created an open-source project for delivering
general purposes algorithms in Ada. Take a look on that in
http://code.google.com/p/ada-dream/ .
Regards,
Socorro.

* Re: Open-source project for ADA development
@ 2009-07-17  0:29 ` Socorro
From: Socorro @ 2009-07-17  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 16 jul, 21:28, Socorro <socorrinhavie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all, a friend of mine created an open-source project for delivering
> general purposes algorithms in Ada. Take a look on that inhttp://code.google.com/p/ada-dream/.
> Regards,
> Socorro.

email him at adabattousai@gmail.com if you desire to join.

* Re: Open-source project for ADA development
@ 2009-07-17  6:23 ` Marek
From: Marek @ 2009-07-17  6:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Socorro wrote:
 > Hi all, a friend of mine created an open-source project for delivering
 > general purposes algorithms in Ada. Take a look on that in
 > http://code.google.com/p/ada-dream/ .
 > Regards,
 > Socorro.

I think that is better to use 'Ada' as the language name instead 'ADA'...

* Re: Open-source project for ADA(?) development
@ 2009-07-17 12:08   ` Peter Hermann
From: Peter Hermann @ 2009-07-17 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marek <marek@adavirtus.pl> wrote:
> Socorro wrote:
>  > Hi all, a friend of mine created an open-source project for delivering
>  > general purposes algorithms in Ada. Take a look on that in
>  > http://code.google.com/p/ada-dream/ .
>  > Regards,
>  > Socorro.
>
> I think that is better to use 'Ada' as the language name instead 'ADA'...

Are you sure Socorro means our precious programing language?
If true then he_needs_some_Socorro; end if;
My resources are waiting patiently...

* Re: Open-source project for ADA development
@ 2009-07-17 14:25 ` John B. Matthews
From: John B. Matthews @ 2009-07-17 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article
<941f708f-1acd-437b-ae16-f7be272db5c0@b14g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
 Socorro <socorrinhavieira@gmail.com> wrote:

> a friend of mine created an open-source project for delivering
> general purposes algorithms in Ada. Take a look on that in
> http://code.google.com/p/ada-dream/ .

$ svn checkout http://ada-dream.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ temp
A    temp/readme.txt
Checked out revision 2.
$ ls -s temp/
total 0
0 readme.txt

Needs more Ada.

--
John B. Matthews
trashgod at gmail dot com

* Re: Open-source project for ADA development
@ 2009-07-17 16:04   ` Georg Bauhaus
From: Georg Bauhaus @ 2009-07-17 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

John B. Matthews schrieb:
> In article
> <941f708f-1acd-437b-ae16-f7be272db5c0@b14g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
>  Socorro <socorrinhavieira@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> a friend of mine created an open-source project for delivering
>> general purposes algorithms in Ada. Take a look on that in
>> http://code.google.com/p/ada-dream/ .
>
> $ svn checkout http://ada-dream.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ temp
> A    temp/readme.txt
> Checked out revision 2.
> $ ls -s temp/
> total 0
> 0 readme.txt
>
> Needs more Ada.

Just conincidentally, I suppose, and without any offence
intended: the internet says that Socorro is an island
West of Mexico, former home to a dove that is extinct in the
wild after it has had to face animals (cats, for example)
invading the island when a military base was built there.

(Seemingly, a reintroduction program has been started.)

How would the envisioned programming effort compare to the PAL?

Georg Bauhaus
Y A Time Drain  http://www.9toX.de

* Re: Open-source project for ADA development
@ 2009-07-18  2:35   ` Chrono
From: Chrono @ 2009-07-18  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 17 jul, 03:23, Marek <ma...@adavirtus.pl> wrote:
> Socorro wrote:
>
>  > Hi all, a friend of mine created an open-source project for delivering
>  > general purposes algorithms in Ada. Take a look on that in
>  >http://code.google.com/p/ada-dream/.
>  > Regards,
>  > Socorro.
>
> I think that is better to use 'Ada' as the language name instead 'ADA'...

well...ada is not case sensitive...so if one uses adA instead of
anything else, that's the same thing lol

* Re: Open-source project for ADA development
@ 2009-07-18  2:53     ` Chrono
From: Chrono @ 2009-07-18  2:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 17 jul, 13:04, Georg Bauhaus <rm.dash-bauh...@futureapps.de> wrote:
> John B. Matthews schrieb:
>

> > In article
> > <941f708f-1acd-437b-ae16-f7be272db...@b14g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
> >  Socorro <socorrinhavie...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> a friend of mine created an open-source project for delivering
> >> general purposes algorithms in Ada. Take a look on that in
> >>http://code.google.com/p/ada-dream/.
>
> > $ svn checkouthttp://ada-dream.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/temp
> > A    temp/readme.txt
> > Checked out revision 2.
> > $ ls -s temp/
> > total 0
> > 0 readme.txt
>
> > Needs more Ada.
>
> Just conincidentally, I suppose, and without any offence
> intended: the internet says that Socorro is an island
> West of Mexico, former home to a dove that is extinct in the
> wild after it has had to face animals (cats, for example)
> invading the island when a military base was built there.
>
> (Seemingly, a reintroduction program has been started.)

> How would the envisioned programming effort compare to the PAL?
>
> --
> --
> Georg Bauhaus
> Y A Time Drain  http://www.9toX.de

I should take care she...
the ada-dream project do not have the intention to be compared to
anything else. It's just a try to make new discussions over common
algorithms with a new perspective. For example, the idea came out when
battousai and me were looking for full ada implementations of wavelet
transforms. And obvious as Ada is not present in coding world as other
languages like C/C++/Java/Phyton and a big list, SURE we could not
find it. Evenmore, we could not find a simple Fourier implementation
over convex finite bodies! lol google as not able to help me in a fft
implementation in pure Ada, but I could get in our forum (thanks!).
So, ada-dream project has 2 days, and sure contains nothing! The
intention is just to help people like me, who knows almost nothing,
but recognizes that Ada is a very very powerful language which can be
used for a huge amount of project types.

* Re: Open-source project for ADA(?) development
@ 2009-07-18 18:10     ` Socorro
From: Socorro @ 2009-07-18 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 17 jul, 09:08, Peter Hermann <s...@spam.de> wrote:
> Marek <ma...@adavirtus.pl> wrote:
> > Socorro wrote:
> >  > Hi all, a friend of mine created an open-source project for delivering
> >  > general purposes algorithms in Ada. Take a look on that in
> >  >http://code.google.com/p/ada-dream/.
> >  > Regards,
> >  > Socorro.
>
> > I think that is better to use 'Ada' as the language name instead 'ADA'...
>
> Are you sure Socorro means our precious programing language?
> If true then he_needs_some_Socorro; end if;
> My resources are waiting patiently...

lol!! I needed really! rs but I guess he fixed it in the page.
regards

* Re: Open-source project for ADA development
@ 2009-07-18 18:21     ` Socorro
From: Socorro @ 2009-07-18 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 17 jul, 13:04, Georg Bauhaus <rm.dash-bauh...@futureapps.de> wrote:
> John B. Matthews schrieb:
>

> > In article
> > <941f708f-1acd-437b-ae16-f7be272db...@b14g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
> >  Socorro <socorrinhavie...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> a friend of mine created an open-source project for delivering
> >> general purposes algorithms in Ada. Take a look on that in
> >>http://code.google.com/p/ada-dream/.
>
> > $ svn checkouthttp://ada-dream.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/temp
> > A    temp/readme.txt
> > Checked out revision 2.
> > $ ls -s temp/
> > total 0
> > 0 readme.txt
>
> > Needs more Ada.
>
> Just conincidentally, I suppose, and without any offence
> intended: the internet says that Socorro is an island
> West of Mexico, former home to a dove that is extinct in the
> wild after it has had to face animals (cats, for example)
> invading the island when a military base was built there.

hope that it's a pretty island :-p

@ 2009-07-19  1:02       ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2009-07-19  1:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Chrono" <pablittto@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Evenmore, we could not find a simple Fourier implementation
> over convex finite bodies! lol google as not able to help me in a fft
> implementation in pure Ada, but I could get in our forum (thanks!).

That's not too surprising; there are a lot of "Ada"s out there.

May I suggest trying the Ada-wide search engine found at
http://www.adaic.com/site/wide-search.html; it searches only known
Ada-related sites. Google will have a wider reach, of course, but if
something is in the usual Ada universe it will show up on the list of known
Ada sites and thus be found without also picking up database programming,
disabled Americans, dentists, and milk. ;-)

                                 Randy Brukardt, webmaster Adaic.