From: Shark8 <onewingedshark@gmail.com>
Subject: Ideas for a poor man's robust/efficient server setup
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 17:04:54 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2016-03-17T17:04:54-07:00	[thread overview]

I would recomend ditching MySQL -- FireBird should be more than suffient for your needs (it's been used by the DOT to handle a *lot* of users/concurrent accesses)... FireBird is the open source of InterBase. (Postgres might also work, though I haven't used it much.

AWS might be appropriate, it might not. If you want provable high-integrity real-time you could use Ravenscar/SPARK... though this might be either overkill or too constrained to (easily) do what you need.