From: anon@anon.org (anon)
Subject: Re: How do I go about creating a minimal GNAT runtime?
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 00:03:06 GMT
Date: 2009-03-04T00:03:06+00:00	[thread overview]

You better go back to school. Two guys at AT&T used C to create that OS, but
AT&T or those guys had no claim to C.

C came from BCPL and BCPL came from B which inturn come from language A.
Now, BCPL was design to build compilers not OS. C extented that concept to a
general purpose language, so C was NEVER designed for or by AT&T to created
AT&T OS.

And now some say that C++ which extents C has been replaced by D. But that
not for this newsgroup.