From: "Frank J. Lhota" <NOSPAM.lhota.adarose@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: MFC
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 14:40:58 GMT
Date: 2003-03-20T14:40:58+00:00	[thread overview]

news:usvi7vkqagf0bmo6eosemtvolqb6h497oe@4ax.com...
> The only problem we faced, before abadoning any use of MFC in our C++
> projects, was that it leaked in many places on many occasions. Is that
> horrible enough? (:-))

Amen! For reasons I still don't understand, MFC has its own memory
management scheme, and you are forced to play by their own set of rules for
handling memory to avoid dire consequences. My experience indicates that if
you are going to use MFC at all, use it for everything in the project,
including threads, sockets, etc. Conversely, if you wish to avoid using MFC
in some areas, skip MFC all together -- an option that more and more
programmers are endorsing.