From: Ted Dennison<dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: Running Ada programs under Condor?
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 21:32:42 GMT
Date: 2001-11-14T21:32:42+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <9sugc5$7s3$1@geraldo.cc.utexas.edu>, Bobby D. Bryant says...
>I guess I wasn't clear.  It's the running jobs that are checkpointed.
>However, since Condor manages the checkpointing your executable has to
>have some Condor modules linked in.
>
>It doesn't require any changes to your source, so I ass-u-me that
>they just replace some standard library modules with their own.  That's
>what makes me thing gcc-based GNAT might work with it.

Hmmm. It could be that they do roughly what gprof does. Gprof saves off the PC
every now and then for later analysis of how much time is spent where in your
program. It also requires that you replace certian basic C libraries with
gprof's version of them. All Condor would have to do is save the registers along
with the PC, so it may just be replacing the same C libraries that gcov users
replace.

If that's the case, then the gcc version will indeed be an issue for you (it
certianly was for me the last time I tried using gprof). You should check their
(Condor's) docs and see if they specify precise version numbers of gcc that they
support. Right now you are looking for version 2.8.1.

---

However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.