* NTFS source code?
@ 2003-08-14  1:10 Tom Moran
From: Tom Moran @ 2003-08-14  1:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

I need to poke (read only) around on a damaged disk with a W2k NTFS file
system.  Is there some Ada code posted somewhere?

* Re: NTFS source code?
@ 2003-08-14  7:06 ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2003-08-14  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tom Moran wrote:
> I need to poke (read only) around on a damaged disk with a W2k NTFS file
> system.  Is there some Ada code posted somewhere?

Don't think so. You can look at the Linux kernel source (C) as it has
read support for NTFS.

--
�I think fish is nice, but then I think that rain is wet.
 So who am I to judge.�

* Re: NTFS source code?
@ 2003-08-14  7:13   ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2003-08-14  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Preben Randhol wrote:
> Tom Moran wrote:
>> I need to poke (read only) around on a damaged disk with a W2k NTFS file
>> system.  Is there some Ada code posted somewhere?
>
> Don't think so. You can look at the Linux kernel source (C) as it has
> read support for NTFS.

Of course it depends what you want to do. If you only want to rescue
some stuff from the broken disk I would have put it in a Linux machine
(or used the Knoppix Linux CD distribution you can boot and run Linux
from a CD) and do the stuff there. If you are making a tool for poking
damaged disks I still think looking at the Linux kernel might be worth
it because I don't think the specs of NTFS are published?